Use different genres and eras of songs to let the energy build before coming back down with slow songs. The idea is that with faster songs, people will likely dance for about 20-30 minutes before needing to take a break.
That’s 4-5 songs of build up before going into a slower song for the break this also tells me a rough ratio of slow-dance songs to faster songs: about 1:5. I’ll also want to build in some overlap (slower dance songs) that will help me transition out of valleys toward peaks.
- Approximately 3 hours of music
- Must facilitate dancing and celebration
- Should be appropriate for all audiences, including children
- Mix of genres: Hip hop, country, pop, rock
- Avoid anything overtly negative or non-romantic
Let us know what you want and we will put it together for you for your next event.